Privacy and Cookie Policies
Our site is a TURKEY-based website and takes reasonable care to comply with the requirements of the Turkey Internet Act 5651 (2007) (‘the Act’) relating to the personal information you supply on our site. Our site uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use. For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Freedom Research Association, registered charity no. 06-115-193. Our main trading address is Turgut Reis Cad. No:15/4 Çankaya /Ankara. Our VAT number is 6930334476.
Information We May Collect From YouWe may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site. Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
Save as provided below, we will not sell, rent, distribute or disclose information about you as an individual or your personal usage of our site (‘Information’) without your consent or unless required or permitted to do so by law. The Information we gather may include name, delivery address, email address, telephone number and any personal preferences. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of our site. The list below explains the cookies we use and why.• Browser Session Cookie
This cookie is set by the website when a user logs into their member secure account and is an essential cookie for the operation of the members’ area. This cookie does not display any identifiable or tracking information and is deleted when the user closes their browser
• Google Analytics and WebTraffiQ
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
• YouTube Videos
This cookie helps track the number of views for a particular video. The pref cookie will track user preferences and serve up related content or adverts within an embedded YouTube video. Click here for an overview of the privacy and interest based ads set within Youtube videos.
• Content Management (Drupal)
These include cookies to store information about the user’s browser capabilities but which can’t be linked to any identifying information; a PHP session cookie that Drupal uses to identify the visitor with a logged in user account; a ‘Don’tShowCookieNotice’ to dismiss cookie notice and two cookies for logged in users to securely handle mixed mode sessions. • Multimedia related cookies
A cookie to detect the initial bandwidth of a viewer’s computer or device and which helps significantly improve rendition selection. Another cookie to collect information about the quality of the video delivery and which enables the multi-media support and development teams to monitor and improve the quality of service and to troubleshoot video quality issues. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses Made of the InformationWe use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may monitor customer traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimize your use of our site and we may give aggregated statistics to a reputable third-party, but these statistics will include no information personally identifying you.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.> We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets.
In the event of any of the above scenarios occurring, we will endeavour to ensure that your rights and freedoms in respect of the processing of your personal data are adequately and appropriately protected. By submitting your Information and subscribing to the services available on our site, you consent to such use and transfer. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing: email@example.com Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from external websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information